Thanks for visiting! On the 4th January 2011, Sue and Rick will be setting off on a grown-up gap year to circumnavigate the globe in search of fantastic food. In this blog we aim to give you a taster of our top tastebud moments... and dietary disasters. We hope this blog inspires you to explore the foods of the world too.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And we're off !

...... or at least, nearly. First stop: London! The journey down provided some interesting economics...
Taxi to the bus stop: distance 1 mile, cost £5
Megabus Harrogate to London: distance 180 miles, cost £6.50! How does that work??
Spent the day in Hampstead, walking, exploring Kenwood House, enjoying coffee and the papers and, of course eating some good old-fashioned English pub grub at the Bull and Last in Kentish Town... lovely!

Here's the day in picures...

3 comments:

  1. Result, first post on your blog!! I'll waste it with some inane comments about the weather. Its snowing (again) and I have to go back to work. Very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor - short hair cut, Sue Just looked at photos in more detail. Have loads of fun. Helen (norris) xxx Have to do this as "anonymous" because I haven't got any of those other profiles! Or at least I don't think I do! Will investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing if I can do this as "Helen". I thought I'd posted something about Bon Voyage and Bon Eating and telling you about the heavy snow falling in Harrogate today, but I can't see it on the Blog. Anyway, all good wishes for your Journey. Have fun. Lots of love, Helen and Mike

    ReplyDelete